Jan 14, 2015

Book Review: Pride and Prejudice Volume 3 (Final).


Hey guys and gals! OMG SO MUCH HAPPENED! Like, seriously, if you have not read this book then you really should or go watch the movie. The love and feelings of false hate really made me gasp and turn the page, demanding that the character I was surprised with should change their tone or answer to the question that they were asked. I really dislike romantic books because their plots are easy to guess, but this one really keep me going. So, without further or do, let's finish this review.

So, to start off, I will have to say the publisher, location, and author. Yeah, I know that it is annoying to skim over it, but some people may have forgotten or they skipped to see the ending to this book. The Publishing company, in 1996, printed out the 1813 book Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen. They did this New York City, New York. So, let's begin. (The summary is so long that I will put it in another paragraph).
The short summary, an obvious spoiler that should have been guessed in the very beginning of the whole review or book, is simple yet complex. The simple part 

(SPOILER ALERT) 

was Elizabeth eventually had a change of hearts and decided to marry Mr. Darcy after they got over the obstacles (Mrs. Bingley's sisters, Lydia and Wickham's sex before marriage scandal and Lady Catherine's snobby view on rich marrying less rich). What makes it so complex is the people who tried to stop them and their feelings towards each other. Miss Bingley was flat out jealous over it, Lydia (Lizzy's sister) had sex before marriage with Mr. Wickham causing a huge scandal and a chance of Mr. Darcy not wanting to marry Lizzy, and Lady Catherine's view over his fondness towards her.


The book was obviously a romance over two opposing people because of their views and personalities. It had a ironic (Not really) ending where they fell in love with each other, after struggling with their opinions, and got married regardless of what others thought about it.

I loved and disliked this book for many reasons. I loved the book because they seemed so opposite that love seemed impossible for either of them. The surprising obstacles in their love is what I really liked because it kept me reading the book and staying surprised with each page turn. What I didn't like, however, was the fact that I could guess what the title meant in regards to the book and how it was going to end. Like most romantic books, you can always guess what will happened and in my opinion it makes them either very interesting or very boring. All in all, I really d recommend this book to anyone with a high reading level and interest in sweet romance.

So, for my: QUESTION OF THE DAY!
Do you think a book should be judged over the easy guessing of the plot or the situations that lead up to the climax of the story? Please post your opinions, nicely, in the comment below or post a link to a video/blog you might have done regarding to the book Pride and Prejudice

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoyed that long-ass journey!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Madison,
    It was really nice to read about this book, which makes fantastically compelling reading. I am a fan of Jane Austen and Price and Prejudice is the first novel of hers I read at the age of 17. Thank you for bringing it up here. As for your question, in my opinion, the easy guessing of the plot does not jeopardize the quality or anything of the book - well, that depends on the reader's expectations out of the reading as well-but in Pride and Prejudice's case here, this does not cause even the slightest damage on the depth of the book, neither on the quality. Shortly, what I would be most interested in is how the author tells what it tells, rather then surprisingness of the plot she lays before us. Because a very well put sentence, word, paragraph can also surprise me. All the best in your writing career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean and I do agree (Hence why I read the book). I just normally prefer a story not to have an easily guessed plot since I like surprises and the feeling of just "Wow"

      Delete