Jan 18, 2015

Book Review: And Then There Were None


Hey guys and gals! There are literally no words to describe my purest love for this book. I, of course, assumed how it would unfold once I was about 40 pages into the book and then, WHAM! I was surprised. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes mystery/horror books. But, time to review it!

The book And Then There Were None was written by Agatha Christie in 1939, but was publisher again by St. Martin publishers in 2001. They are located in no other place than New York City, New York. So, with that in mind it is time for a very stripped and almost dry-ish plot so I don't spoil much.

By the title of the book, and the description on the back, you should figured that yes, all 10 people on Indian Island die. What makes their deaths so mysterious however is how they die and what piece of literature hints their deaths. With each people having to either go crazy or stay together, you learn of their terrible past and why they soon must fear their punishment for it.


The book is a mystery/horror book as people do die in mysterious ways. What makes this book mysterious, even though you can slightly guess how it will all go down, is which characters die and how everyone starts reacting to it. Basically, going from normal to insane. The horror part is the fact that their intentional feelings about everything become more and more crazed until they meet their end.

So, for my opinion as I am a professional. (Not really). I fudging called who was going to be the last one to die. I freaking knew it!!!!!! I really, however, loved this book and was surprised by the utter shock I got at the very end when you the letter that was found by one of the characters. Their letter alone made my jaw drop into my flor and all I could do was throw my book across the room and go "OMGZ WTF WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU LITTLE <Enter profanities here>?!?!?!" So, yeah, I highly recommend this book.


So, for the: QUESTION OF THE DAY!
Do you enjoy mystery books with a surprise twist ending that can leaving you speechless or enraged (In a good way)? Please post your answers in the comments below and if you have one, stick a link to your blog or video if you have answered this question already before.

Thanks guys! I also just wanted to thank you all for the support and feedback over Pride and Prejudice Volume 3 (Final). That was absolutely crazy and really did enjoy reading your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment