Dec 18, 2014

A Lesson In Life From A 17 Year Old Girl

So, today guys, I have an important discussion I want to talk about that is affecting my life today. It is the lesson over how things affect your life and how you reacted to show the kind of person you are.

So, here is the situation:

It is about to be Christmas and some of my biological mother's side of the family members want to see me and my brother, Chase. However, my biological mother, Annette, is also in town and staying at my grandparents house to throw the party. They invited Chase and me over to see them just for a day or two and he accepted. I, however, refused.

Now, to some people, that might make me seem pretty rude and even, fucked up. To me, however, it is the best thing I can do. Annette is not a good mom. She is always complaining and blaming people, mostly my sister and me, for her problems. The second horrible thing she does is she used to be very abusive verbally and physically to her and me. Can you see why I don't want to go over?

However, her actions shouldn't affect how I treat my family. If I was an adult or mature, I would go there to see them and not her. But, that is what my lesson is over...

The way to define what kind of person you are is the way you handle problems.

Let's take a tennis ball and wall for example like so:


Now, some people have learned to be like a brick wall enforced with kiln dried bricks: once that sucker hits them with all it's forced, it goes straight back to the thrower with the same force, leaving the person unharmed. Some people are like that same brick wall but, with leather-ware clay bricks, a state at which clay has air dried but is as fragile as glass: once that ball is even tossed at them, they shattered into hundreds of pieces and can never be put back the same again.

And, finally, some people, like me, are the starting material, clay, that made up the first two examples: once a ball is thrown, if it is hard, it can stick or leave a mark. If it is thrown softly, it bounces away leaving nothing at all. This may not seem like a good material as it leaves marks, but it is how some people deal with their problems.

No one's ability to handle problems are exactly the same, but how you deal with the problems differently may give the same results. In a way, it is not the starting material you are made with that matters, it is the way you use it and deal with the problems that counts.

So, for the: QUESTION OF THE DAY!
What kind of wall are you? Please post your responses in the comments below or post a link to a blog or video if you have discussed something like this before.

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment