Nov 22, 2014

Never Will I Judge a Book By It's Cover Again...


Sorry guys I haven't being blogging recently, work and school has exhausted me to the point of collapsing. However, these last few days have taught me a valuable lesson about people that I never understood, yet I knew about it.

At work on Friday, me and co-worker, Tim, noticed that one of the other waiters was acting very weird. So weird that some of us were worried about him. 

His attitude wasn't a normal happy in the beginning of the shift to pissed off and tired. It was, like, spunky, almost child-like.


So, confused and curious, I kept my eye on him until I saw his necklace with a heart (Like the one above) charm. When I pointed it out, he froze and tucked it under his shirt saying I saw nothing and don't worry about it, blah blah blah.

Even more curious about this charm and how it related to his different attitude, I waited until no one was around to ask what it was for.

The news for his charm and playful attitude not only surprised me, but made me realized that I may not know as much about someone as I thought that I did. 

The heart had come from his lover ( I don't know if it was a girlfriend or wife) that was dying of cancer. Her wishes were, that if she did not live, that he wear it for her to remember her. Of course he complied, but the reason he acted weird and didn't say anything was because he was embarrassed it was a woman's necklace.

After his story, I felt sad and happy for him. ( Mostly sad ). I was happy that he was wearing the necklace and was able to be with her and be able to work. Of course, I pitied him because to work and function, in a restaurant while seeing other couples, had to be hard on him.

Almost, in a way, I felt encouraged by his attitude to keep going on.

So, for the: QUESTION OF THE DAY!

Have you ever been in a situation where you thought you knew everything about a person, but were wrong? Please, post your experiences in the comments below, or post a link to a video or blog about it if you have discussed it before.

Thanks guys and hope you have a wonderful weekend and great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment